Zen Petite Aromatherapy Oil Candle
Our Zen Petite refillable liquid glass aromatherapy candles (votive size) are an eco-friendly alternative to wax and disposable oil candles. SCROLL DOWN FOR A DETAILED DESCRIPTION.
Ahhh, scent is an element of subjective assessment… too strong, not enough, just right, etc. With the PATENTED Firefly Zen Petite Aromatherapy Oil Candle, you can adjust the scent to your liking. We call the glass shelf that sits 3/4″ below the rim, the “AROMA DECK”. This is where you can safely drip your essential oils without fear of burning them. The heat from the aluminum wick collar will warm and “blossom” or “throw” the fragrance.
For a subtle scent, add 2 drops of essential oil, light the flame and wait 5 minutes or so. The aluminum wick holder will heat up in that time and the scent will blossom. If you want a stronger scent, blow out the flame and add another drop. A little essential oil goes a long way.
The refillable oil candle’s diameter is 2-1/8″ wide at the top, 1-7/8″ wide on the bottom and 2-3/4″ tall. The candle holds about 2 ounces of lamp oil. Our Zen Petite refillable liquid glass candles (votive size) are an eco-friendly alternative to wax and disposable oil candles.
IMPORTANT: You only need 3 to 4 drops of essential oil or fragrance. There is always the possibility of overflowing the AROMA DECK if you add too much. If you do, no worries, just continue to use.
The wick and the wick holder ARE included. We also provide a small plastic funnel for each refilling. The photo of the funnel is shown to the left. For separate purchase, we also offer a Firefly Refill Top which screws on to a 32-ounce bottle and a Firefly Refill Bottle.
We would recommend using a 32-ounce bottle when filling with the funnel as a gallon container would be unwieldy.
Another recommendation is to wipe out the essential oil after use. Just good maintenance.
RECOMMENDED LAMP OIL
We recommend using Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil or Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil because both are designed to burn very cleanly producing virtually no soot, smoke or odor. If you choose another brand, please select a high-quality pure liquid paraffin oil as best you can.
You want a combustible fuel, NOT A FLAMMABLE fuel. NEVER USE KEROSENE, ACETONE, ALCOHOL, GASOLINE or PAINT THINNER. A combustible fuel requires a wick to burn. A flammable fuel will ignite by touching fire to it.
Please do not use any type of vegetable oil because it will not work properly.
- Handblown, Single-Piece Glass Votive Refillable Candle Including Wick, Aluminum Collar and a small plastic funnel for easy refilling. We also offer the Zen Petite with 16 oz. of fuel. Be sure to check out the video review from an AMAZON TOP 10 REVIEWER at – http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NADWDOA
- Aromatherapy Deck for Essential Oils (lavender, our favorite) or Home Fragrances plus Wind Protection. Only use 3 or 4 drops. Adding too much is wasteful and may overflow the Aroma Deck and mix with the oil. If that happens, no worries, simply continue to use. Fragrance is NOT INCLUDED.
- The diameter is 2-1/8″ wide at the top, 1-7/8″ wide on the bottom and 2-3/4″ tall.
- The fuel capacity is about 2 ounces. Fuel is not included. We suggest using Firefly paraffin lamp oil or Firefly CLEAN lamp oil. Our in-house testing shows that our CLEAN fuel lasts significantly longer than our paraffin and is less expensive. Firefly Paraffin lamp oil will provide 6 hours of burn time per ounce of fuel. Times may vary. The lower the wick above the collar, the longer the burn time. For more information about the proper fuels to use, please read the PRODUCT DESCRIPTION below.
- The refillable candle makes the perfect inexpensive unique gift for women, teens and even men. A special, quality gift for under $15 is hard to find and who would not love an eco-friendly refillable candle.
Lovingly Caring for Your Firefly Oil Candles
Recommended Lamp Oil
We recommend using Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil, Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil or Firefly Safe & Green because they are designed to burn very cleanly producing virtually no soot, smoke or odor. If you choose another brand, please select a high-quality pure liquid paraffin oil.
NEVER MIX FUELS as mixing will change the burning characteristics.
You want a combustible fuel, NOT a FLAMMABLE fuel. NEVER USE KEROSENE, ACETONE, ALCOHOL, GASOLINE or PAINT THINNER . Sorry for shouting but it’s important 🙂 and please do not use any kind of vegetable oil as it is not a proper fuel for your oil candle.
The wick is the highway for the fuel. Please be sure the wick is completely saturated before lighting it. If you light the wick before it is completely saturated, you will burn the wick and experience smoke.
Never let the fuel run dry as the wick will be compromised and doing so will significantly limit the lifetime of the wick. Wicks require trimming over time when you notice they are not performing properly. Simply, twist and push the wick through the collar and trim to the bottom of the scorched area. IMPORTANT: Untwist the wick before readjusting to the appropriate height, otherwise, your highway becomes a bumpy back road!
The height of the wick should be about 1/16” or less above the collar for the best performance. Flames grow after the initial lighting. Wait for 5 minutes.
Rethreading Your Wick
Oh No! You pulled the wick out of the collar, now what do you do? Easy!
Filling Your Candle
Hold the small plastic tab at the top of the funnel. Insert into the candle. Keep elevated above the candle neck. DO NOT rest the funnel on the candle neck as this will restrict the flow of fuel causing the fuel to potentially overflow making a real mess!
You can figure about 6-8+ hours per ounce of fuel. Firefly CLEAN will burn significantly longer than Firefly Paraffin or Safe & Green.
Additional Important Info
• DO NOT overfill your oil candle. Fill your oil candle 3/4 or less full.
• Never leave burning candles unattended
• The wick collar gets very hot. Let it cool for 10 minutes before touching.
• Lamp Oil is poisonous. Keep it in a safe place.
• Place your candle on a flat, stable surface away from any traffic.
- Lamp Oil Burn Times in Refillable Tea Light Candles
- Oil Candles & Lamps by Firefly – Maintenance Tips
- Aromatherapy Candle – Zen Petite by Firefly – It’s Refillable!
- Firefly Pillar Oil Candle Gift Set Giveaway
- Winner of the Transcend Oil Candle Giveaway
- Aromatherapy Candles by Firefly – Zen Petite – Refillable
- The Great Firefly Oil Candle Giveaway 2014!
- How To Color Lamp Oil
- How to Thread a Wick into a Wick Holder
- Restaurant Costs – Oil Candles vs. Disposable Fuel Cells