Glass Oil Votive Candles
Now is the time to say goodbye to messy, sooty wax candles. Our Refillable Candles, votive size, are a natural, eco-friendly, clean-burning organic alternative to traditional wax candles and liquid paraffin disposable candles.
Our refillable candles are convenient, green, natural, economical, well made, clean, and direct replacements for disposable fuel cells. They can be used standalone, in a candle holder or lantern.
Many folks use our refillable candles as emergency candles. A 32-ounce bottle of Firefly lamp oil will last well over 100 hours! Actually, you will get about 6 hours of burn time per ounce depending on the height of the adjustable wick; therefore, a 32-ounces bottle will provide approximatey 192 plus hours of burn time. Times may vary.
IMPORTANT TIP: If you are storing the fuel outside, we recommend you purchase Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil as it will not solidify or freeze like paraffin lamp oil.
The refillable votive oil candles are made from a sturdy glass that is permanent, are simple to refill, and will save you money.
Firefly Votive oil candles are a truly GREEN solution for the disposable fuel cells.
Pick up a few of these oil lamps today and use them every day instead of just for emergencies!
- Firefly Liquid Candle Votives are hand blown and made from borosilicate glass; an elegant yet non-fragile glass. Being handmade dimensions may vary.
- 2-Ounce Votive: Stands about 2-3/8 inches tall to the tip of the wick and is about 2-1/8 inches in diameter
- 3-Ounce Votive: Stands about 2-1/8 inches tall to the tip of the wick and is about 2-1/2 inches in diameter
- 5-Ounce Votive: Stands about 4 inches tall to the tip of the wick and is about 2-1/8 inches in diameter
- Our oil lamps are refillable which is the latest eco-friendly trend restaurants, event planners and the hospitality industry are using as a direct replacement of disposable liquid paraffin candles, aka, fuel cells. You know those nasty plastic candles that hide in candle holders and end up in our landfills!
- Homeowners are using refillable candles as emergency candles – an essential part of their preparedness kit. Bulk purchasing is a great idea because you can use the liquid candles all over your home every day, not just for those special 3-day outages! The votives will fit nicely in most candle holders and lanterns.
- From an economy perspective, fill the votives with Firefly Liquid Paraffin Lamp Oil. You can use a burn time of about 6 hours per ounce of Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil. The wick is ADJUSTABLE unlike the disposable emergency candles. This is a great feature which allows you to control the fuel usage and flame height. So, let’s do the math, a 32-ounce bottle of paraffin lamp oil will burn for approximately 192 hours – 6 hours x 32 ounces. Sweet!
- For those of you who are sensitive to scents, Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil and CLEAN Lamp Oil are unscented, odorless and smokeless.
Lovingly Caring for Your Firefly Oil Candles
Recommended Lamp Oil
We recommend using Firefly CLEAN Lamp Oil or Firefly Paraffin Lamp Oil because they are designed to burn very cleanly producing virtually no soot, smoke or odor. If you choose another brand, please select a high-quality pure liquid paraffin oil.
NEVER MIX FUELS as mixing will change the burning characteristics.
You want a combustible fuel, NOT a FLAMMABLE fuel. NEVER USE KEROSENE, ACETONE, ALCOHOL, GASOLINE or PAINT THINNER . Sorry for shouting but it’s important 🙂 and please do not use any kind of vegetable oil as it is not a proper fuel for your oil candle.
The wick is the highway for the fuel. Please be sure the wick is completely saturated before lighting it. If you light the wick before it is completely saturated, you will burn the wick and experience smoke.
Never let the fuel run dry as the wick will be compromised and doing so will significantly limit the lifetime of the wick. Wicks require trimming over time when you notice they are not performing properly. Simply, twist and push the wick through the collar and trim to the bottom of the scorched area. IMPORTANT: Untwist the wick before readjusting to the appropriate height, otherwise, your highway becomes a bumpy back road!
The height of the wick should be about 1/16” or less above the collar for the best performance. Flames grow after the initial lighting. Wait for 5 minutes.
Rethreading Your Wick
Oh No! You pulled the wick out of the collar, now what do you do? Easy!
Filling Your Candle
Hold the small plastic tab at the top of the funnel. Insert into the candle. Keep elevated above the candle neck. DO NOT rest the funnel on the candle neck as this will restrict the flow of fuel causing the fuel to potentially overflow making a real mess!
You can figure about 6-8+ hours per ounce of fuel. Firefly CLEAN will burn significantly longer than Firefly Paraffin or Safe & Green.
Additional Important Info
• DO NOT overfill your oil candle. Fill your oil candle 3/4 or less full.
• Never leave burning candles unattended
• The wick collar gets very hot. Let it cool for 10 minutes before touching.
• Lamp Oil is poisonous. Keep it in a safe place.
• Place your candle on a flat, stable surface away from any traffic.
- Lamp Oil Burn Times in Refillable Tea Light Candles
- Oil Candles & Lamps by Firefly – Maintenance Tips
- Aromatherapy Candle – Zen Petite by Firefly – It’s Refillable!
- Firefly Pillar Oil Candle Gift Set Giveaway
- Winner of the Transcend Oil Candle Giveaway
- Aromatherapy Candles by Firefly – Zen Petite – Refillable
- The Great Firefly Oil Candle Giveaway 2014!
- How To Color Lamp Oil
- How to Thread a Wick into a Wick Holder
- Restaurant Costs – Oil Candles vs. Disposable Fuel Cells